5 Tips to Hang Your Outdoor Christmas Lights Safely
Article – Christmas is coming! Tips for outdoor lights.
Nothing is more magical during the holiday season than to enjoy the sights of starlights lining home exteriors and twinkling in trees or shrubs. From your slow drive through the neighborhood and until you pull up in your driveway, you purposely linger to admire and remember this ethereal scene made more enchanting by tiny outdoor Christmas lights sparkling in festive colors.
Seeing many homes in College Station TX aglow with Christmas lights can tell you that it’s fairly easy to install outdoor lights. By following these simple tips, you can transform your home and landscape into a picture-perfect stage for creating dramatic holiday memories.
• Invest in the right type – With strings of lights continuing to evolve and flood the market, it is important to know what to look for when you’re out to buy new sets of outdoor lights. Christmas lights for outside use must be water-resistant and must bear the necessary tag indicating they passed the national industry standards. Best options are LED lights. Although they are more expensive, these lights are brighter, durable and more economical in the long run.
• Apply necessary precautions – The policy that it’s always best to be safe than sorry applies when you prefer to install outdoor lights on your own. Check for broken bulbs and frayed cords before stringing lights on trees. Choose trees and bushes that don’t come in contact with any electric lines then use a stable ladder as the safest route to reach high spots to hang the lights.
• Connect to proper outlet – It is safer to connect from a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet that automatically shuts the circuit down in the event of over-current. You can also source power from an exterior outlet or extension cords designed for outdoor use. Make sure to keep the connections away from the ground, water, and high-traffic areas. Conceal the cords with tape or plastic wire to prevent them from becoming hazards
• Use light clips – Hold strands in place by using insulated light clips. These clips are the smartest solution to anchor the lights on any surface like trees, gutters, shingles, and even concrete materials. Never use nails or tacks, instead look for stainless metal cup hooks to screw the strings in place.
• Wind the strands – Depending on the type of tree, you need to wrap the lights around to distribute the lights evenly. If you choose to string lights on an evergreen, climb up at the top to begin winding down to the base. Deciduous trees, on the other hand, will require you to work your way up in a spiral formation.
Outdoor Christmas lights illuminate your holiday landscape in whimsical fashion. If you can look for more creative ways to vary the focal points beyond the gutter outline or fence, you can make your home the main night star in the neighborhood. In fact, this endearing sight doesn’t have to end when the season changes as you can allow the beauty of outdoor lighting to shine through during the whole year. Hiring a EcoZapp, professional company, that installs Christmas lights in College Station, TX and engages in pest control is the best way to keep the magic all year round.